Saturday 21 February 2009

More a nudge than a push

So this blog is in no way based on movie reviews, but seeing as I watch movies wherever I can squeeze them (which fortunately is everywhere), my posts will have movies as a recurring theme.

Push...I don't know what to think of it. I mean Camilla Belle, Dakota Fanning, Chris Evans and Honsou, what a cast!

But then they try to insert a storyline that suppose to keep the audience guessing. But the lack of enthusiasm the movie creates means viewers haven't the patience to be guessing. And it didn't help that the 'guessing' bit didn't need so much work.

I get a little annoyed sometimes when superpowers come into play, because essentially the creator of the story can introduce any superpower he wants; which means if they need a shadow to stop Watchers from showing Bleeders where the person they're trying to find, is, they can do that.

Dakota Fanning was brilliant, but the rest lacked something, even Chris Evans failed in this instance. There was no humour that we saw in Fantastic Four, nor was there any suspense that he embodied in Cellular and thus we're left with a mediocre movie that I think was held up by Dakota (although her performance cannot compare to what she accomplished in The Secret Lives of Bees).

And bloody Camilla, I really wanted to leave the cinema thinking 'wow' instead I left thinking...'wow' but not in the good way. The first wow was the good wow, the second wow was the 'bloody Camilla' wow. Her role was boring, she hardly did anything, she refused to smile (big surprise!) and when we see her last, I may be wrong but I think her 'stare' meant there was an opening for a second 'push'. God help us all.

On a seperate note, Dakota Fanning. Oh my how she's grown. I didn't expect her to stay little, but didn't expect her to grow up so quick either. It feels like yesterday she was cradling the pig in Charlotte's Web (I haven't seen it but I assume there was a scene where cradling a pig took place). The girl is 14 going on 20-something and her acting ability puts to shame many 'actresses' that are currently hurting our eyes and ears. I will address these women some other time.

Push. More a nudge I think.

there's your mention Aman :-)

Perfect. Alias

2 comments:

  1. Did you like King Kong? I thought it was crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it lacked a little something something. Jack Black just kept doing his wide eyes look, Naomi Watts did her lack of emotion acting and Adrien Brody, never been a big fan of.

    Although I didn't think it was 'crap', I also didn't think it deserved the hype that it recieved.

    Kinda funny that you didn't enjoy King Kong and your blog name is Gorilla Bananas :-)

    Oh and at least there isn't a sequel in the works...unless they bullshit us with King Kongs wife or something (in which case, he was cheating mentally when he went all lovey dovey with Naomi's character...argh)unlike Push which looks to be trying for a second.

    ReplyDelete