Thursday 26 February 2009

The End of the World!

So we are apparently killing the planet through the overconsumption of fossil fuels, the lack of recycling, the wasting of water, the overuse of electricity, through overconsumption of food, through using the toilet too often, through making too many trips abroad (and thus contributing to pollution) through making too many babies etc etc etc

I think I’m content with what’s going on. And to be perfectly honest, my selfishness keeps on telling me I will most likely be dead before anything major happens to the world. And so I’m not so concerned.

And the ice caps melting, Polar Bears will most likely adapt to such change in their habitat and grow fins and gills. If they are unable to adapt in time, tough luck.

Survival of the adaptist...est(?)

I guess the penguins will dominate. If Madagascar taught us anything, it’s that Penguins are more clever and cunning than we imagine.

And those icebergs deserve to melt; the Titanic sank because of one of them. Oh how I cried when Jack froze to death and then sank to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. And I couldn’t do anything to help him, I just watched him die! Melt Icebergs melt!

And there’s no way I’m switching my light off at night. The black shadows that take up residence in my room when I switch off the light scare me; and the monster in the closet, I've seen Monsters Inc, I don't believe it!

I have seen The Day After Tomorrow, Flood, The Perfect Storm, A.I: Artificial Intelligence, and they were really good. Not sure if they had the right impact though. The Day After Tomorrow, I watched because of Jake Gyllenhaal , The Perfect Storm I watched for George Clooney, A.I because of Haley Joel Osment’s character who only wanted to be a ‘real’ boy.

Of course I paid attention to the moral of the stories, that the earth is doomed if we don’t do something about it. But I was more concerned with the death of George Clooney’s character to be honest. God that was so sad.

I feel I’m going to hell now due to my lack of feelings.

In what I’m sure many would deem a lacklustre attempt at redemption, I do sincerely hope Polar Bears learn how to breath underwater.


Perfect. Alias

No comments:

Post a Comment